The next time you see someone on TV in a "newsroom"

Declan McCullagh declan at well.com
Mon Feb 24 16:00:34 PST 2003

On Mon, Feb 24, 2003 at 02:43:37PM -0800, Tim May wrote:
> And I notice that hanging on the wall to the right in the photo is the
> "New York Times -- Baghdad Bureau" photo. "All the news that's fit to
> simulate."

Heh. I went on CNN Headline News last week around 7:20 am ET. They put
me in a studio I hadn't been in before, with a remote-controlled
camera and a photo of the monuments in the background. After my brief
segment was over, a camera operator came in and rolled down the
background a few inches -- apparently it hadn't been adjusted correctly
and all you could see was the sky. They have another background (a
continuous loop, on rollers) for daytime, night, etc. Will try to
remember to take a photo the next time I'm there.

-Declan

PS: The newsroom itself:
http://www.mccullagh.org/image/d30-32/new-york-times-washington-bureau.html