FC: DOJ quietly drafts USA Patriot II, includes anti-crypto section

Sunder sunder at sunder.net
Sun Feb 9 06:59:51 PST 2003

Time to start a new ad campaign:

"You don't run around naked in public do you?  Neither should your
packets!  Encrypt your traffic - it's just common sense!"

"Your internet packets are naked! Clothe them with IPSEC"

"Don't help the terrorists to your financial info - encrypt!"

"You wouldn't want Osama reading your email, would you?  Encrypt"

Then when everything's encrypted, such laws can be challenged.

 + ^ + :NSA got $20Bil/year |Passwords are like underwear. You don't /|\
  \|/  :and didn't stop 9-11|share them, you don't hang them on your/\|/\
<--*-->:Instead of rewarding|monitor, or under your keyboard, you   \/|\/
  /|\  :their failures, we  |don't email them, or put them on a web  \|/
 + v + :should get refunds! |site, and you must change them very often.
--------_sunder_ at _sunder_._net_------- http://www.sunder.net ------------