The Statism Meme

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Tue Feb 4 12:25:22 PST 2003

On Tue, 4 Feb 2003, Blanc wrote:

> A sad, disturbing prospect to contemplate.  Someone on another list
> remarked that it might become necessary for those in Europe to do some
> internet-type rescuing of the American people.  Hmmmm.

If things get utterly intolerable, and fighting makes no sense since
you're in a minority you can always emigrate. My parents did it more than
twenty years ago when leaving Evil Empire; some of my best friends are
expats unwilling to go back to Merkinland for political reasons.

Don't count on EU, we're just as fucked, albeit with a slight delay.