The Statism Meme

Tyler Durden camera_lumina at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 4 06:18:43 PST 2003

Tim May wrote...

"Even t.v. commercials are spreading the meme that Big Brother is our
friend."

Funny he should mention this. This very morning was watching the news and a
commerical came on for a local monitored Burglar alarm system. It featured a
Customed Superhero "Alarmo" (I think), going around the neighborhood
interrogating garbage men, mailmen, even kids and dogs and crap. Basically,
the guy was 'jokingly' depicted to have gone a little nutty and certainly
facsist.

And in the end there was an old couple looking on that LOOKED horrified but
basically called to see if Alarmo could work for them to.

That commercial was either written by a real nut or by someone who also
doesn't like the way things are headed.

-TD