Gullible Journalists

Declan McCullagh declan at well.com
Mon Feb 3 07:13:16 PST 2003

On Mon, Feb 03, 2003 at 09:31:35AM -0500, Tyler Durden wrote:
> I'm exagerating for effect here of course...there's possibly not as much
> conscious decision making, and supposedly this kind of list-making happens
> for much quieter, "insider" stuff (not smart bomb footage). But clearly,
> there's got to be SOMETHING like this happening.

You're not very far off the mark. Be too critical and lose your sources.
Happens at the White House and every federal agency, and is one of the
tragedies of modern political journalism. I've written about this before
in the context of the Justice Department antitrust suit.

"Washington Babylon" is a good book that hits on this topic, I recall.

-Declan