"Touching shuttle debris may cause bad spirits to invade your body!"

Steve Thompson steve49152 at yahoo.ca
Sun Feb 2 19:03:49 PST 2003

 --- Eric Murray <ericm at lne.com> wrote: > On Sun, Feb
> I'm not sure which is more irritating-- the obvious
> way in which
> the govermedia manipulate the issue, or their
> automatic assumption that
> americans are too stupid/criminal to turn in all the
> parts they
> find if NASA just said "we need all the parts,
> please bring 'em in".

In part it seems it is because such a vast number of
people in America have been so well served by the
education system that the most effective way to coerce
obedience is to invoke their fear of the unknown.  I'm
sure that the other part of the equation is that the
government officials responsible for the cleanup feel
they must take advantage of every oppourtunity to
assert their authority; to make it impicit to every
command/request.

It is an insult to the intelligence, but to speak out
in indignation invites the wrath of the low-level,
insecure powers that be.

Regards,

Steve