Shuttle Diplomacy

Tyler Durden camera_lumina at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 1 19:36:04 PST 2003

Well, one little trick I learned from the natives from living in China is to
see what's being denied the most vehemently. If, over the next few days,
they keep saying "It's not a missle, it's not a missle", then you KNOW it's
a fuckin missle.

(It worked a little differently in China...if they thought Deng Xiao Peng
and whoever was having a lot of political friction, they'd wait to see if
there were lots of pictures in the papers of those two guys shaking hands.
Then they'd know the rumors were confirmed.)

Another sign to look for is the "doublethink" sign...if some theory is being
discussed that seems pretty important but then a few days later there's
absolutely no more mention of it, then that's a real good candidate for the
truth.

-TD