Singers jailed for lyrics

Declan McCullagh declan at well.com
Mon Dec 29 08:31:00 PST 2003

On Sun, Dec 28, 2003 at 07:16:47PM -0500, Tyler Durden wrote:
> However, I doubt I'll go to jail...now. If Bush gets re-elected, then who
> knows.

For all the violations of the Constitution that the Bush administration
has countenanced, it has not been nearly as repressive of political opinions
after Sept. 11 as previous regimes did in previous "wars."

There are many reasons to worry about Bush being reelected, but
political speech doesn't seem to have been tremendously impacted.

-Declan