Singers jailed for lyrics

Major Variola (ret) mv at cdc.gov
Fri Dec 26 15:16:37 PST 2003

At 02:52 PM 12/26/03 -0500, Michael Kalus wrote:
>On 26-Dec-03, at 12:37 PM, Eric Cordian wrote:
>
>>> A Berlin criminal court sentenced 38-year-old Michael Regener to 40
>>> months in prison after a six-month trial that tested the boundaries
of
>>> free expression in a nation with strict laws against hate speech.
>>
>> Of course, that should be "a nation with strict laws against free
>> speech."
>>
>> Crying "Hate Speech" is the last resort of people who cannot debate
>> what
>> is being said and convince anyone.
>>

>The German law clearly defines what is hate speech. It is not an easy
>task as you can see in a six month trial.

Germany, or any State that  restricts words or thought, needs a regime
change
with extreme prejudice.

>Certain symbols (e.g. Swastika) are forbidden as well.

Are there exceptions for Buddhists and Amerinds?  Moron.

And I would like
>to add that most of these laws were made up by the allies (read US and
>Britain).

If so, then Germany should have the balls to discover freedom --adopt
the US Constitution for instance.  The US can't counter such a move.

>There is no "ultimate" free speech as the US promises,

Not in Germany, obviously.  In the US, yes.  Our founders trusted
the Volk; your conquerors (eg the US) let your shepards (eg your govt)
neuter the sheep (ie you).

Fuck censors dead.

Freedom is only tested when its unconfortable, baby.

Maybe you will find this list too uncomfortable, Kalus.