Merry Nondenominational Cooking Event.

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Wed Dec 24 13:08:47 PST 2003

    --
James A. Donald:
> > You said:
> > : :	"I do care that the US fails to adhere to
> > : :	international law."
> >  implying that US treatment of Saddam violated
> >  international law.
> >
> > You also said;
> > : :	"knocking over a crippled tyrant."
> > implying oh dear, that terrible big bully USA is kicking a
> > poor little cripple in his poor little wheelchair, think of
> > the poor little Saddam falling out of his wheelchair.
> >
> > These images are not appropriate to someone who claims to
> > believe what you just claimed to believe, and you were not
> > saying what you claimed you were saying.

Jamie Lawrence
> James, you are simply full of shit. I don't believe you're
> incapable of seeing the difference between calling Saddam a
> crippled tyrant and "support[ing] Saddam". I do believe
> you're willfully attempting to twist other people's words

You were already in a frenzy of rage before I accused you of
weeping big salt tears for poor little victimized Saddam.

My position on the Vietnam and Iraq wars is the same as that as
the mainstream left of the Democratic party (or at least the
same as the position they will be holding once the primaries
are over), yet you reacted as if I had called for everyone like
you to be gassed.

The position you purport to hold is almost indistinguishable
from my own and that of the Democrat party mainstream -- but
that is not the position implied by your arguments, nor does it
correspond to the emotions you express.   Sometimes the
position nominally taken by leading Democrats fail to
correspond to the arguments and emotions they express also --
Dean has caught some flack for that -- but the discrepancy in
your case has is far more visible than that of Dean,    You
will not catch Dean weeping big salt tears for Saddam, nor see
him deeply shocked by the prospect that Saddam will be tried by
his victims. and Dean has a legitimate excuse for his
comparativelyt mild hypocrisy -- he is upset about the the
impact of the coming execution of Saddam on his election
campaign, not about the impact on the prospects for a world of
slavery and fear.

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     kTerUTT9UTTp482foMMnkDUC/YqrMZtRcywtamEc
     45Wu1KrbIBAMYIiC58VZi7gmTa4oJ9gneUTWvxK5e