I am anti war. You lot support Saddam

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Tue Dec 23 20:14:34 PST 2003

    --
James A. Donald

Jamie Lawrence:
> > > Incorrect. I said no such thing, and you're being a twit
> > > by attempting to credit me with such statements.

James A. Donald
> > You were telling us that the USG's terrible mistreatment of
> > Saddam is a great shame on the US, which whatever it sounds
> > like to you, sounds to me very like "poor little victimized
> > Saddam"

Jamie Lawrence
> I absolutely said no such thing. You are a liar.

On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 11:18:51 -0500, message ID
20031221161851.GE32589 at clueinc.net You said:
: :	"I do care that the US fails to adhere to
: :	international law."
 implying that US treatment of Saddam violated international
 law.

You also said;
: :	"knocking over a crippled tyrant."
implying oh dear, that terrible big bully USA is kicking a poor
little cripple in his poor little wheelchair, think of the poor
little Saddam falling out of his wheelchair.

These images are not appropriate to someone who claims to
believe what you just claimed to believe, and you were not
saying what you claimed you were saying.

As the thread title says, I am anti war, you support Saddam.

> Getting back to what we were talking about, here's a bit that
> you didn't want to respond to:
>
> As it stands, you seem only capable of attempting to impute
> motives to others that you imagine they might hold, based on
> wildy improbable chains of cause and effect in philosophical
> arguments and obscure cause and effect based on international
> relations in the '60s, bundled together with some sort of New
> American Century twine about how if we don't kill all the
> "ragheads" (your words, not mine), we'll be enslaved or
> worse.

Liar:

I did not suggest killing all the ragheads, and in other forums
I have regularly argued against claims about Islam or arabs
that would rationalize and justify such an action.

There is ample evidence that the 'anti war' crowd is largely
pro Saddam, evidence in this mailing list, considerably
stronger evidence in the newsgroups, evidence in the streets,
and in the editorials of the BBC and the telegraph, and
evidence in your own utterances.  Let us discuss that.

Dean at least has a legitimate excuse to be unhappy about the
capture of Saddam, since it queers his chances in the election,
but there are an awful lot of other people distressed about the
capture and coming execution of Saddam.  What is your excuse?

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     mOt6pyE37ffUkwFENPIfhLpsNbx8+c/AFA3bkXDp
     471tnWs02/4wMvR80m7OjAktOd7+2SdPyl966jWqZ