I am anti war. You stupid evil scum are pro Saddam.

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Tue Dec 23 14:01:17 PST 2003

   --
On 23 Dec 2003 at 15:07, Tyler Durden wrote:
> Ho Chi Min, like Mao, would take guns from anybody in order
> to get the job done

It is mighty hard to take guns from anybody but Stalin when you
are working in Moscow 9 to 5 for Stalin.

>. If that meant wearing a Soviet uniform for 15 minutes

He worked behind a desk in Moscow for over ten years in a very
senior position, which suggests he joined the KGB as a field
agent much earlier.

Kind of odd behavior for a nationalist.

If you are looking for a nationalist leadership, Stalin's
Moscow was not the place to find it.

> That US foreign policy in the far east in in Indo-China
> during most decades of the 20th century was a complete
> disaster was precisely due to the views you seem to hold.

Containment was a catastrophe from the beginning.  The US
government should have done what the communists accused us of
doing, and provided aid to the resistance in East Germany
shortly after Stalin launched the cold war, and aid for the
anti communist resistance in China when the true nature of
Chinese 'land reform" became apparent.

Containment is a strategy that requires one to win or draw
every time, at places and times of the enemies choosing.  The
US army did not win every time, and Vietnam was a bad place and
time.

With roll back, one could lose some, lose most, or even lose
all, and if one launched more wars than the Soviet Union could
afford, would still win the overall struggle.   Indeed,
arguably this was what happened during the second Reagan term.
The Soviets were not losing anywhere -- but could not afford
it.

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     Jq9XxD3JlBT5EcJfysZ3Z9MLA4kbYVkDKjq3Wvrf
     4Opm3+oP1ir/TfOFhgXW8XuAzWps8FHp6AicowA0O