I am anti war. You stupid evil scum are pro Saddam.

Michael Kalus mkalus at thedarkerside.to
Mon Dec 22 05:49:26 PST 2003

On 21-Dec-03, at 10:58 PM, James A. Donald wrote:

>     --
> James A. Donald:
>>> I am anti war.  You lot are pro Saddam.
>
> Michael Kalus
>> Why. Because we OPPOSED the war on Saddam?
>
> Because you have been justifying his actions, denying his
> crimes, and calling for his release.

I guess statements like these come about when there is a disconnect
between the brain, the eyes and the fingers who type out these words. I
suggest you go back and re-read the arguments.

> James A.Donald:
>>> But instead the opponents wound up chanting 'ho, ho, ho Chi
>>> Minh" Ho Chi Minh was a senior KGB agent, who after
>>> spending ten years behind a desk in Moscow organizing the
>>> murder of Indochinese nationalists was sent from Moscow to
>>> rule what became North Vietnam.  He purged 85% of the
>>> communist party, murdering a large but unknown proportion
>>> of them, and conducted a terror against the peasants of
>>> extraordinary savagery.
>
> Michael Kalus
>> Yet you still think there was a good reason to Oppose the
>> Vietnam war? Make up your mind man. Was it a "just" war like
>> (in your opinion) Iraq right now or was it unjust?
>
> It was an unwise war fought by unjust means.  The cause of
> saving the Vietnamese from Soviet domination was a just cause,
> as the terror and the flood of refugees that followed the
> defeat of the west in Indochina proved.   However, "just cause"
> is only one of the several criteria needed for a just war.
> (And the Iraqi war does not satisfy all the criteria of just
> war either, though hanging Saddam is surely a just cause.)

Ah, so now we agree that neither war was justified. So, there you go.
The end not always justifies the means. As in the case of Iraq which is
pretty much everybody saying here.

>> Why does the "american way of life" have to win?
>
> The world cannot remain half slave and half free.  We must
> become slaves, or they must become free.

Well, in america instead of being the slave to "the man" (just yet)
you're the slave to your credit card bills, your employers and all the
other robber barons you have in the industry, while under Castro you
are.... Well what? You can't travel to the US? You are not necessarily
always able to state your political opinions (which sound vaguely
familiar in the US right now) etc.

Yeah, I see how much freer the US is.

Repeat after me: Freedom is something that is defined differently by
every human being.

Michael