"the Kuwait issue is not associated with America"

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Sat Dec 20 17:59:59 PST 2003

    --
On 20 Dec 2003 at 13:04, Freematt357 at aol.com wrote:
> There's a video interview I saw about all of this on 60
> minutes (I think) where it was made clear that Glaspie did in
> fact say to Saddam that "We have no opinion on your Arab -
> Arab conflicts, such as your dispute with Kuwait."

And, as diplomats tend to do, she also proceeded to imply the
opposite.

In any case, you are making the "poor victimized Saddam
argument"  When one hears this argument in any particular case,
one does not need to check the facts of that particular case.
That poor little Saddam was victimized is an obviously stupid
argument, and anyone making it an obviously evil person.

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     6WGBV4YgV3ERm+ANnc1R5PyBtJd1N+U/T6s1mBLK
     4HFuMQjPp6w0HFllkQpbmhad5CnhaAWYf7P9QsMvn