Sunny Guantanamo (Re: Speaking of the Geneva convention)

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Sat Dec 20 12:08:01 PST 2003

    --
On 19 Dec 2003 at 21:37, Freematt357 at aol.com wrote:
> That's bullshit. Saddam was told by our Chick ambassador (I
> can't remember her name) that the US had no interest in his
> dispute with Kuwait, in effect giving Saddam a green light.

Commie lie

http://www.chss.montclair.edu/english/furr/glaspie.html

What Glaspie said was:

: :	The instruction we had during this period was that
: :	we should express no opinion on this issue and that
: :	the issue is not associated with America. James
: :	Baker has directed our official spokesmen to
: :	emphasize this instruction. We hope you can solve
: :	this problem using any suitable methods via Klibi or
: :	via President Mubarak. All that we hope is that
: :	these issues are solved quickly. With regard to all
: :	of this, can I ask you to see how the issue appears
: :	to us?
: :
: :	My assessment after 25 years' service in this area
: :	is that your objective must have strong backing from
: :	your Arab brothers. I now speak of oil But you, Mr.
: :	President, have fought through a horrific and
: :	painful war. Frankly, we can see only that you have
: :	deployed massive troops in the south. Normally that
: :	would not be any of our business. But when this
: :	happens in the context of what you said on your
: :	national day, then when we read the details in the
: :	two letters of the Foreign Minister, then when we
: :	see the Iraqi point of view that the measures taken
: :	by the U.A.E. and Kuwait is, in the final analysis,
: :	parallel to military aggression against Iraq, then
: :	it would be reasonable for me to be concerned. And
: :	for this reason, I received an instruction to ask
: :	you, in the spirit of friendship -- not in the
: :	spirit of confrontation -- regarding your
: :	intentions.

Which is diplomat talk for threats and menaces, not a green
light.

When she asks him to see 'how the issue appears to us" this is
diplomat code for "I cannot state plainly how the issue appears
to us because that would constitute making threats."

And when she says "I ask not in the spirit of confrontation"
that means "If the answer is unacceptable, there may well be a
confrontation'

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     lzBXFdOUF+tOl6rQBvd0AC1waiR3dN1345QzG0hr
     4avCGxaFFDmv2sq/x5Ltz8sQgA0tgllba+DAdFQq7