Sunny Guantanamo (Re: Speaking of the Geneva convention)

Sunder sunder at sunder.net
Fri Dec 19 10:37:45 PST 2003

Right, the Declaration of Independance starts off with "We hold these
truths to be self evident..." and lists that some rights are inalienable,
and granted to us just because we are human, so therefore they apply to
all humans everywhere...

Well, in practice between what was done to Native Americans, and African
Americans didn't exactly reflect that... but they got away with it by
changing the definition of what's a human being...

Just like now they're getting away with removing all of one's rights by
defining them as a "terrorist" or "illegal combattant" instead of as a
human being, etc.

 + ^ + :25Kliters anthrax, 38K liters botulinum toxin, 500 tons of   /|\
  \|/  :sarin, mustard and VX gas, mobile bio-weapons labs, nukular /\|/\
<--*-->:weapons.. Reasons for war on Iraq - GWB 2003-01-28 speech.  \/|\/
  /|\  :Found to date: 0.  Cost of war: $800,000,000,000 USD.        \|/
 + v + :           The look on Sadam's face - priceless!
--------_sunder_ at _sunder_._net_------- http://www.sunder.net ------------