U.S. in violation of Geneva convention?

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Fri Dec 19 13:35:47 PST 2003

    --
James A. Donald:

proclus at gnu-darwin.org
> It is tempting to say that the victims have some kind of
> natural right to see justice done against this tyrant.  The
> problem is that the there is no one in Iraq with legitimate
> authority

Well if there is no legitimate authority, then state of nature
applies. Give him the justice that Mussolini and Ceasescu got.
Hang him by his feet from a lamp post in central Baghdad for
his victims to use as pinata

But I think we can find a legitimate authority somewhat better
than that.  And if we cannot, the mob has more legitimacy than
the Hague.

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     CH40CSgX5Tgdj/SDJtnV3WgkBxSNswHYXJRRtrPl
     4nJVivIV8DTmP2YOHTrLI5FBALdL8ZRNG8SGqcbVH