U.S. in violation of Geneva convention?

Sunder sunder at sunder.net
Fri Dec 19 07:11:32 PST 2003

That all depends on your definition of sovereign.  After all, "we" put, or
at least helped, that monster into power.  No different an action than we
the many times before putting tyrants into control of small, but important
nations under the guise of "protecting democracy."

So, while he was our puppet, he was the good guy, and no matter how many
he murdered, he was a benevolent leader.

Once he turned on our interests, he was no longer useful and had to be
removed.  It just took Jr. to do it.

Now, we'll put a different "democratic" government in place.  Of course,
it won't be as free as the USA, nor have the same kind of constitution -
that would be a problem since we couldn't control it's oil.

Nothing new, nothing to be surprised about.  We couldn't give a fuck
less if Sadam was given an anal probe on TV, or if he was put in the
colliseum for donkeys to use as a sex toy, as in Roman times.  As
entertaining as it would be for some, it's utterly unimportant.

Pax Americana will march on.  We have their oil - we can throw some crumbs
to some other "friendly" countries of the COW, and lesser crumbs to those
who complained, but the rest is just meaningless green colored icing on
the cake.

The war on terror itself will go on for as long as the voters will
tolerate it, or until it's true goals succeede and it becomes impossible
for the voters to do anything but accept it - or be disappeared in the
middle of the night...  Not much different than in Stalin or Hitler's
days.

Perhaps a democrat will make it back in power again, but that too is
meaningless, as the infrastructure for the super surveillance, terror
police state is already in place and won't likely go away.  It no longer
makes a difference, even if a few of the teeth of the DHS are
removed... people will still be disappeared in the middle of the night,
warantless searches, secret shadow trails, et al.

 + ^ + :25Kliters anthrax, 38K liters botulinum toxin, 500 tons of   /|\
  \|/  :sarin, mustard and VX gas, mobile bio-weapons labs, nukular /\|/\
<--*-->:weapons.. Reasons for war on Iraq - GWB 2003-01-28 speech.  \/|\/
  /|\  :Found to date: 0.  Cost of war: $800,000,000,000 USD.        \|/
 + v + :           The look on Sadam's face - priceless!
--------_sunder_ at _sunder_._net_------- http://www.sunder.net ------------