U.S. in violation of Geneva convention?

Richard Fiero rfiero at pophost.com
Fri Dec 19 09:59:16 PST 2003

privacy.at Anonymous Remailer wrote:
>Greetings
>
>Has Saddam recieved a lawyer yet?
>Will Saddam be judged by a court having jurisdiction and being
>recognized internationally?

The Hague has no jurisdiction over crimes committed in the past
due to the "Henry Kissinger" clause insisted upon by the US.
Saddam's guilt in a smaller number of deaths is being pushed
hard to justify the exercise in the Mid-East so the outcome is
certain and will be dressed appropriately I'm sure. My guess is
that a suitable Iraqi court won't take note of the number of
civilian deaths due to bombings and economic sanctions by its liberators.