U.S. in violation of Geneva convention?

Daniel Roethlisberger daniel at roe.ch
Thu Dec 18 12:47:57 PST 2003

Jim Dixon <jdd at dixons.org> [2003-12-18/19:18]:
> 19% by value were from France; 57% from the Soviet Union (ie Russia),
> East Germany, and Czechoslovakia; 8% from China.
[...]
> It is not coincidental that the Security Council members opposed to
> taking any action on Iraq's repeated violations were France, Russia,
> Germany, and China: Iraq's weapons suppliers.

You are confusing todays Germany with the communist pre-1989 Eastern
Germany, two *very* different things (I thought the British had better
knowledge of the "Olde Europe" than the fellow Americans do?)

As to the rest, always look at who published the "facts". It's the same
sources that claimed the Iraq had weapons of mass destruction. It's
unfortunate that most people fall for this kind of manipulative
misinformation.

Cheers,
Dan

--
    Daniel Roethlisberger <daniel at roe.ch>
    OpenPGP key id 0x804A06B1 (1024/4096 DSA/ElGamal)

[demime 0.97c removed an attachment of type application/pgp-signature]