U.S. in violation of Geneva convention?

Tarapia Tapioco comesefosse at ntani.firenze.linux.it
Wed Dec 17 18:10:35 PST 2003

Harmon Seaver wrote:
> > This isn't a ski mask burglary.  We KNOW Saddam ruled Iraq.
> > We KNOW what crimes were committed.  Simple syllogism.
>
>   No we don't. We only know what the propaganda mills have told us.
> Twenty years ago it was a different story.

The propaganda mills were working for Saddam, not against him.

<http://www.indybay.org/news/2003/04/1599076.php>

"Over the last dozen years I made 13 trips to Baghdad to lobby the government to keep CNN's Baghdad bureau open and to arrange interviews with Iraqi leaders. Each time I visited, I became more distressed by what I saw and heard - awful things that could not be reported because doing so would have jeopardized the lives of Iraqis, particularly those on our Baghdad staff."

<http://www.techcentralstation.com/041103H.html>

"It appears there is another, more troubling, reason Jordan decided not to report these hideous crimes until the regime was safely out of the way: CNN didn't want to lose its on-the-ground access to a big story."

Human Rights Watch, Amnesty, and countless Iraqi refugees all report similar stories of widespread torture and murder.  Is it your position that these are all propagandists?

Dismissing as "propaganda" any reports that oppose your argument, while accepting as truth any claim that supports it, is simple intellectual dishonesty.