U.S. in violation of Geneva convention?

Tyler Durden camera_lumina at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 17 08:02:23 PST 2003

"Later today, a source close to the interrogation said that Saddam would be
subjected to stress and sleep deprivation.  Basically, teams of
interrogators will ask questions over and over again, and no one will get
any rest until answers are provided."

At least here in NYC local news, it's common to hear newsmaggots issuing
leadins such as, "Will the CIA be able to make Saddam talk?" and so on. I
think this implies the "obvious", but it's an obvious that should be stated:
The US public basically now generally knows that some forms of extreme
measures are being applied to prisoners and detainees, and we're willing to
look the other way. After all, 9/11 proves "they" (picture a cluster of
darkish-skinned turbanned men wearing fatigues and huddling in caves) are
out to take away our freedoms. so why shouldn't we do the same thing to
them?