U.S. in violation of Geneva convention?

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Wed Dec 17 09:43:32 PST 2003

    --
On 17 Dec 2003 at 9:00, Nomen Nescio wrote:
> No what I meant was what IF somehow Bush or Blaire or some
> other high ranking coalition politician were captured by Iraq
> during the war and was treated in the same way. I can only
> presume you would support Saddam's soldiers checking Bush for
> lice then. You are also utterly missing the point and you are
> one pretty good example of how "the mob" are thinking.
> EVERYONE, including Saddam, Pol Pot or whattever should be
> treated in accordance with the laws by us who call ourselves
> the free democratic part of the world.

Firstly, the US army has not violated the Geneva convention:
Saddam was eligible for being shot on sight.

Secondly;  It is being overly sensitive about the feelings of
those poor fragile souls that hate us and seek to murder us,
that got us into these trouble. Our enemies take it for
weakness, reasonably enough.  We should make it obvious that
nothing will stop us from striking at our enemies, that we will
cheerfully wade knee deep through blood and the body parts of
innocents to destroy those that threaten us, as the crusaders
waded to the holy sepulchre.

As Bin laden said slaughtering the occupants of the twin towers
made them look strong:
: :	"when people see a strong horse and a weak horse, by
: :	nature, they will like the strong horse. This is
: :	only one goal; those who want people to worship the
: :	lord of the people, without following that doctrine,
: :	will be following the doctrine of Muhammad, peace be
: :	upon him"

> You should read up on this subject. Saddam also has a history
> of building up edicational institutions and so on. He recived
> awards by U.N. earlier on for his wellfare programs and the
> development Iraq was gaining.

To the best of my knowledge, the UN only grants those awards to
those who inflict quite extraordinary ruin and horrible
destruction on their subjects -- such awards are as infamous
and perverse as the UN human rights commission, headed by Libya
las time I heard.

The UN is a cartel of governments against their subjects.  Just
as a cartel of ordinary businesses requires its members to
charge high prices and supply low quality, and grants honor and
recognition to those members that charge remarkably high prices
and unusually low quality, in the same way the UN grants honor
and recognition to unusually destructive episodes of looting
and pillaging against formerly prosperous law abiding peaceful
subjects.

The UN was established to protect against direct military
conflict, but in ordinary day to day life, peaceful competition
is a greater threat to the rulers, for example "harmful tax
competition".  One of the major goals of the EU is to restrain
'harmful tax competition".  Similarly one of the major goals of
the WTO is to prevent what cypherpunks call regulatory
arbitrage.

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     wcaHHfIUZy9Tibd6zjm4+q5AQUP7EkuCy6cpPeeX
     4svV9LeL01zDRxluCthNIy5l3iiUpZS7LwmP467jH