U.S. in violation of Geneva convention?

Jim Dixon jdd at dixons.org
Wed Dec 17 00:36:51 PST 2003

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003, Nomen Nescio wrote:

> Your whole post is based on the feeling that we're gonna do what they
> did to us.

There were at least three points made in my post:

* The treatment of Saddam seems well within the rules laid down by the
  Geneva conventions.

* On the other hand, he and his government routinely violated the Geneva
  conventions and encouraged others to do so.

* The US and the UK should step back and let Iraqis decide what to do
  with Saddam.

Nowhere did I advocate gassing villages, rape, murder, torture, invasion
of neighboring countries for all that good loot, setting off explosives in
crowds, nor even the beatings handed out to captured British pilots.

>           In doing so you have manifested what has been written here
> about "gasing into the abyss" and so on.

I have gazed into the abyss and seen a man having his teeth checked and
getting a haircut.  :-|

--
Jim Dixon  jdd at dixons.org   tel +44 117 982 0786  mobile +44 797 373 7881
http://jxcl.sourceforge.net                       Java unit test coverage