CarBomb Rips Berkeley, CA

wguerin at tulane.edu wguerin at tulane.edu
Tue Dec 16 11:02:56 PST 2003

CarBomb Rips Berkeley California

A large though prude carbomb rips through the student community of Berkeley,
CA at exactly 4:20 am pacific time on friday Dec. 12th.

Friday December 12th, 4:20am Pacific, Berkeley California:

The device, a 10 element remotely detonated carbomb rips through the dense
student populated section of Berkeley, CA less than 4 blocks from the
southwest corner of the UCB campus.

An audio recording by a student preparing her oral component of a final
documents the sequential detonation of a 3-element primary fired by a tap off
the vehicles car horn security system, followed by between 5 and 8 secondary
charges detonated presumably by burnout.

Students in the area have exactly 2 comments on the event:

Most living in the adjacent appartments say in a monotonic way: "I'm sorry, I
do NOT know what you are talking about." and a limited few others, also from
the same areas, say "I am not at liberty to discuss these issues."

Students from the surrounding appartment complexes are concerned about the
excessive secrecy regarding this explosion that woke over half the people
within a quarter mile radius, early friday morning.

The explosive elements, after audio analysis, appear to be roughly equivalent
to 10 cases of TNT.

At least one Berkeley Police Department officer has said that they had a "NO
RESPONSE VECTOR" during and prior the time of the explosion. This author has
not yet determined the meaning of this phrase.

Numerous appartment complexes in the surrounding area have had multiple
unexplained fire alarms and other strange activities in the last few days.

No mass media coverage or documentation has been available to this author, and
most parties researching this event are hesitant to discuss for obvious
reasons.

--------

(forwarded - WLG)