U.S. in violation of Geneva convention?

Anonymous nobody at paranoici.org
Mon Dec 15 17:36:38 PST 2003

I am not sure I agree. I am no expert on this however. I saw several people commenting the issue of Geneva convention on CNN during the day. Also I saw an expert on this field from another country commenting on the issue stating that it was a clear violation of the convention. In either of these interviews were there any discussion on whether it didn't apply to this specific case due to what clothings he happened to wear or whattever. I got the impression that it was clear that the U.S. treatment wasn't fully appropriate.

Nietsche quote sought: "Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster. And if you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss gazes into you."

I think it's about not becoming evil yourself when you're fighting evil. Pretty applicable, yes. We should not be tempted to act in unlawful and questionable ways. It is sticking by international treaties and handling everyone in accordance to law and human values that separates us from evil men like Saddam. This is a good time to show him and his followers that all men, even those of his sort, are treated equal and given a fair trial as stipulated by the universal declaration of human rights by the UN in 1948. And this by the state they call "the great satan". Behaving like a lynch mob will make us loosers too.