Textual analysis

Major Variola (ret) mv at cdc.gov
Mon Dec 15 19:35:04 PST 2003

At 10:36 AM 12/14/03 -0500, John Kelsey wrote:
>It's not obvious to me how you'd change your writing style to defeat
these
>textual analysis schemes--would it really be as simple as changing the
>average length of sentences and getting rid of the big words, or would
>there still be ways to determine your identity from that text?

Its like steganalysis.  Its an arms race between measuring your own
signatures vs. what the Adversary can measure.  If sentence length
is a metric known to you, you can write filters that warn you.
Similarly for the Adversary.   You end up in an arms race
over metrics ---who has the more sensitive ones that the other
does not control for?