cpunk-like meeting report

Tim May timcmay at got.net
Sun Dec 14 20:00:57 PST 2003

On Dec 14, 2003, at 6:53 PM, proclus at gnu-darwin.org wrote:

> On 14 Dec, Tim May wrote:
>> No, we don't need a "cpunx-news" list. This is what Google and the
>> ability to see hundreds of various lists and sites is for.
>>
>> "News" lists tend strongly to be just dumping grounds for crap from
>> other lists.
>
> Yea, and I'll admit that I'm a junky, which is why I made the following
> pages...
>
> http://www.gnu-darwin.org/update.html
> http://www.gnu-darwin.org/applelists.html
>
> More...   info.....,   Must.... have........  ...  more.......

Lie down and just resist the temptation.

The world already has a dozen crypto/cyber rights mailing lists,
probably more. And many '"e$", "digibucks," "digital bearer
settlement," and "cybercurrency" types of list just from one single
person...who also cross-posts to Cypherpunks.

I had a friend who created a new high technology company whenever he
got bored. Of course, these were not _real_ high tech companies, with
actual products and actual profits. Rather, they were "ventures,"
things that gave him a new business card, "Orion X. Altschluss,
President, Plutonic Transgenics, Inc." A few months later, "Director,
Corporate Relations, the Galt Foundation."

Some people think spinning off new lists whenever they get interested
in some area is interesting. Most of these lists fail for obvious
reasons. Sometimes a famous person, especially Net famous, creates a
vanity list. Hence the "Interesting People" vanity list. This trend
seems to be giving way to Blogs, however, as the various
net.personalities realize that what they really want is a forum for
blogging their message to an attentive audience.

I have done nearly all of my writing for Cypherpunks since 1992. I have
watched Lewispunks, Perrypunks, various e-rights and digidollars and
Geodesic Singularity Lists arise and do whatever they do after they
arise. I have joined none of the varous other lists (which are usually
"with permission of owner" lists--fuck that).

So now we have someone calling himself "Proclus," who has not
contributed anything memorable to Cypherpunks, inviting Cypherpunks to
join his new "cpunx-news" list.

Yawn.

Have fun.

--Tim May

#1. Sanhedrin 59a: "Murdering Goyim (Gentiles) is like killing a wild
animal."
#2. Aboda Sarah 37a: "A Gentile girl who is three years old can be
violated."
#3. Yebamoth 11b: "Sexual intercourse with a little girl is permitted
if she is three years of age."
#4. Abodah Zara 26b: "Even the best of the Gentiles should be killed."
#5. Yebamoth 98a: "All gentile children are animals."
#6. Schulchan Aruch, Johre Deah, 122: "A Jew is forbidden to drink from
a glass of wine which a Gentile has touched, because the touch has made
the wine unclean."
#7. Baba Necia 114, 6: "The Jews are human beings, but the nations of
the world are not human beings but beasts."