Anti-globalization

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Fri Dec 12 17:58:59 PST 2003

    --
On 11 Dec 2003 at 23:39, Roy M. Silvernail wrote:
> And now... tarrifs for filming movies in Canada.  Just heard
> that one on NPR today, and I nearly drove off the road.  The
> plan is to raise the cost of filming in Canada so that
> there's no longer an economic advantage. Made me want to
> puke.

You will notice that a lot of big hollywood movies have been
filmed in New Zealand, for example Lord of the Rings.   Reason
is, there is not lot of beautiful unspoilt scenery left near
Hollywood.

Obvious solution.  Require all mandatory uglification of all
foreign scenery -- for example video editing to insert some
smokestacks.

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     oS6RUufi6iM2JkeHnX1nXK1wxsbAhlo4Md1bP7PR
     4uwZpe5XF48SCJyKwwT6Zbn14lRM00o01bbj5o2SI