Anti-globalization

Neil Johnson njohnsn at njohnsn.com
Thu Dec 11 19:00:50 PST 2003

What I object to are corporations who utilize their power (money) to influence
governments to make laws that benefit them at the expense of others.

- The DMCA
- Tariffs AND Free Trade Agreements
- H1-B visas

Even Ayn Rand weaves this into "Atlas Shrugged" where the competitors of
Reardon Steel get the government to try and force him to give them his
formula for his high-strength steel because it's putting them out business
and "unfair".

Company's that do this are no better than Tim's "Welfare mutants" and probably
worse because they have a much larger impact.

But I don't see him calling for their "vaporization".

It would screw up his stock portfolio.

--
Neil Johnson
http://www.njohnsn.com