Speaking of Reason

Freematt357 at aol.com Freematt357 at aol.com
Thu Dec 11 09:07:06 PST 2003

In a message dated 12/11/2003 10:04:04 AM Eastern Standard Time,
declan at well.com writes:

> If that is true, why can't it simply be called "capitalist?"
>
> I suspect because actual capitalists would have some problems with it.

Sterling makes a comment betraying what Ludwig Von Mises called the
anti-capitalist mentality when he quipped to Godwin: "Sure, we hate Exxon because
they're huge and they're everywhere."

Sterling is a capitalist in the same way that Brin is a libertarian. I think
what it is, both are uncomfortable with really labeling what their true
ideology is and therefore feel some need to candy coat their statism.

Regards,  Matt Gaylor-