Has this photo been de-stegoed?

Morlock Elloi morlockelloi at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 10 17:31:41 PST 2003

> If you spatially fft a random photo, you'll find that the image detail
> energy largely occupies certain bands. These are not the bands that stego
> uses (or so I assume...it really can't be otherwise). The stego-able
> spectrum will indeed be noise, but this noise will have a certain spectrum.

There is an obvious solution here ... you don't modulate into the noise band.
You modulate the base bits. The image visibly changes but only possession of
the original can prove that. Of course, it would have to be pictures of sand,
grass, water, crowd from above.

=====
end
(of original message)

Y-a*h*o-o (yes, they scan for this) spam follows: