Speaking of Reason

R. A. Hettinga rah at shipwright.com
Wed Dec 10 07:19:33 PST 2003

At 3:58 PM +0200 12/10/03, Anatoly Vorobey wrote:
>So what you're saying is that we need a remote-plonk mechanism to insert
>oneself into another person's killfile (merely entertaining this thought
>makes me a loathsome Bolshie, I'm sure).

Yup. On both counts. :-).

Seriously, in IM, like AIM, for instance, you can do that kind of thing
already. Well, you can not appear on someone's buddy list as logged on,
anyway, but you get the same result, since it's P2P, and they can't talk to
you if they can't see you.

As for getting into someone's killfile on purpose, I leave that as an
exercise for the reader. As a famous commie utopian sang once "it's easy if
you try..."

Of course, if you "Imagine" in one hand, and shit in the other, it's easy
to see what you have more of...

Cheers,
RAH

--
44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131 USA