Speaking of Reason

Tim May timcmay at got.net
Tue Dec 9 15:05:29 PST 2003

On Dec 9, 2003, at 12:59 PM, Freematt357 at aol.com wrote:

> Tim's whine (complaint) withstanding, I just got the January issue of
> Reason
> in the mail and of interest is Mike Godwin's interview of Bruce
> Sterling-
> Cybergreen: Bruce Sterling on media, design, fiction, and the future
> (p 42-50).
> It's worth a read.
>
> Regards,  Matt-

All of you creeps complaining about my "whines" and "rants" should find
a list to your liking. Perhaps a few of them could spring from this
list:

--the Bolshies could create a "Crypto Progressives" list or somesuch,
and could explain earnestly (though dishonestly) that strong crypto
will make people of color happier.

--the appeasers who want to work with Cato, Cathy Young, the EFF, the
CPSR, and other Washington "get along by going along" people could call
themselves "Crypto Enthusiasts for Social Responsibility," or somesuch
term which renders unto Caesar that which is CESRs.

Since Eric Murray has expressed distaste with my views, and says he is
also looking to stop hosting the lne.com node, perhaps these groups can
be distributed from his node.

As for you, Gaylor, you subscribe for a while, contribute nothing,
vanish from the list for a couple of years, then resubscribe and
immediately start ranting that I am not doing enough for the cause.

Fuck you dead. Fuck all of you Bolshies dead.

--Tim May

Quote of the Month: "It is said that there are no atheists in foxholes;
perhaps there are no true libertarians in times of terrorist attacks."
--Cathy Young, "Reason Magazine," both enemies of liberty.