Got.net and its narcing out of its customers

Tyler Durden camera_lumina at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 8 14:34:59 PST 2003

Tim May wrote...

"I consider Don Frederickson despicable, and stupid. To not bother  before
understanding the context of the thread and say, basically,  "Yes, we have
narced out this customer to law enforcement, but they are  just watching" is
reprehensible."

Well, I saw the got.net quote before and that brief sample seemed to
indicate something entirely different to me. First of all, it says they've
'talked to the authorities about him' seems allows for the possibility of
having been contacted BY said authorities. Second, it points out "he hasn't
broken any laws"...third it says "please notify me when he actually breaks
the law..."...that's kind of a nice, business-smart "fuck off" as I see it.

In other words, the guy seems to acknowledge that he doesn't like a lot of
Tim May's philosophies, but he won't even think about doing anything unless
Mr May personally murders someone or whatever. In other words, he's saying
he's going to support Tim May's free speech, but he's saying it in a way
that won't cause him to end up in Guantanamo.

But then again, that's the only quote I've seen...

-TD