Decline of the Cypherpunks list...Part 19

Freematt357 at aol.com Freematt357 at aol.com
Mon Dec 8 12:22:47 PST 2003

In a message dated 12/8/2003 2:46:37 PM Eastern Standard Time,
timcmay at got.net writes:

> So, you are free to be "Matt Gaylor, Activist!" and to try to get
> articles published in "Liberty" or "Gold Currency Times" or wherever
> you get published, but I have other things I'd rather be doing.
>
> Preaching to me that I ought to be sacrificing my time for the
> betterment of some skatepunks by publishing in "Piercing Magazine" is
> the silliest kind of altruistic thinking.

No Tim, not altruistic. My reason for wanting you to write is a selfish one.
Self preservation.  You are able to tie technology into the bigger picture,
and you do have something valuable to say.  You already sacrifice your time in
pointless diatribes about the good ole' days on CP-  I'm just making a plea
that you do something more useful-

Regards, Matt Gaylor-