cypherpunks discussions

Sarad AV jtrjtrjtr2001 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 8 00:21:21 PST 2003

hi,

I just a pick a book and learn and if i am in doubt,
ofcourse i do have a lot of stupid ones. but thats how
i learn.

I have friends who will help me with my queries. I
prefer not getting flamed like every one else and that
too in quick succesion :-). so my guess is that as far
as newbies are concerned all the discussions are taken
private.

Moreover,there is no loss in interest in cryptography,
we pursue it with our heart and soul.

Sarath.

At 03:26 PM 12/7/03 -0800, Tim May wrote:
>But even if crypto got trendy again, I just don't see
the young
>students of today flocking to our particular mailing
list. Too many
>other choices. Probably they'll read someone's daily
blog....

A few observations.

Nowadays, colleges offer courses in crypto.
This was not the case when I started reading this
list.

And 'net social issues were not widely discussed; now
there are many fora and public organizations that one
can look at.  Probably college courses on that, too.

So *perhaps* neophytes interested in these things have
many more places to learn.   Just an optimistic
possibility.
I did much like your "the nose rings of the followers"
comment
though.