Decline of the Cypherpunks list...Part 19

John Young jya at pipeline.com
Sun Dec 7 19:37:26 PST 2003

When I got censored by cypherpunks at lne.com a couple
of weeks ago I tried to subscribe to these nodes:

Algebra
Infonex
Lne
Minder
Sunder
Pro-ns
Openpgp
Ccc

Subscription was successful only on:

Algebra
Pro-ns

Both of thse provided a "who" response on 11/10/03 of

Algebra 122
Pro-ns 14

I get the same messages from Algebra, Pro-ns and Lne, though
Lne still refuses mail from me.

How many other subscribers are exluded by the censorious
and dead nodes is not known. Eric calls his Lne block a result of
spam from my provider, to me it's no different than censorship,
a perfect imitation of how government justifies its suppression
of dissent.

Tim didn't mention as a cause of cpunk decline the fucking with
the list by shitheads who thought they knew best how to run
things, the first goal being censorship of those who didn't
behave. Once, Tim was a prime target of such shit and he
did a nice job of killing the controllers.

Now if you kill the bureaucrats, and the youngsters, for overreaching,
or indifference to authority, you got to figure out how to do the dirty
work of cleaning up after the masters' spiteful running the country,
the firm, the estate, the family, the ideology into the ground.

What I like about the ring-in-the-flesh crowd is their pleasure in
grossing out the stodgers. Makes me wish I still had that knack
instead of only the memories.