Responding to orders which include a secrecy requirement

Tyler Durden camera_lumina at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 31 18:52:49 PDT 2003

"Tim May is the perfect example why vigilante justice is
generally considered to be a bad thing -- stupid assholes
like Tim May spout off & take action based on paranoia
instead of facts & principles of anarchy instead of justice
and innocent parties get hurt."

Well, on one hand taking justice into one's own hands opens the doors to
pretty much anything anybody can think of that ticks them off.

On the other hand, there are clearly times and societies where such an
approach is warranted. The usual exmples have already been given. These
examples seem to have at their intersection a time where the government (and
the powers that be) are themselves immune from legal consequence and above
the law, while 'enforcing' laws that are innately evil. Such a society has
pretty much boiled down to "might makes right", and such a government is a
government in name only.

The question then becomes, when do we know when we've entered such a time?
More specifically, have we in the US entered such a time? And if we have
not, does it not at least appear that we might, soon? If the answer to
either of these questions is yes, then Tim May's suggestion is not a matter
of "if", but "when". If the Koran becomes outlawed but a librarian rats on a
Muslim trying to access the Koran online, then is this not much different
from the Nazi days? Of course, we believe that the librarian is trying to
"do the right thing". But do you really think that enthusiastic Hitler
followers believed they were evil?

No, Tim May's statement is not scary because he's suggesting anarchy. It's
scary because sometime in the near future it may actually be a reasonable
response. (Well, I dont agree with the 'killing the kids' thing.) If Mike
Hawash can be grabbed off the streets without any acknowledgement by the
Feds and then go to prison for NOT fighting against the US (but clearly
thinking about it), then we are in deep trouble.

-TD