Responding to orders which include a secrecy requirement

Tim May timcmay at got.net
Sun Aug 31 20:06:39 PDT 2003

On Sunday, August 31, 2003, at 06:16  PM, Steve Furlong wrote:

> On Sunday 31 August 2003 19:20, James A. Donald wrote:
>
>> Talk is cheap. ...
>> Indeed, the one may be
>> connected to the other -- the absence of stoolies may well be
>> connected to the presence of hot talk.
>
> Dunno. I'm not sure that mere talk of killing a librarian would
> dissuade
> the potential stoolies. As you say, talk is cheap. Actions, reported
> widely in the mass media, will grab people's attention.

You're being way too unimaginative, or literal, or something.

This is at the discussion stage, and probably will be followed-through
by others (if at all). The too literal part comes from thinking that
discussions here mean someone here is going to kill some librarians.
The too unimaginative part comes from thinking that publicity about the
idea will not itself have an effect.

The Mob doesn't actually have to kill too many stoolies for it to be
widely known that ratting can be a very dangerous business.

Maybe Big Brother will create a Witness Relocation Program especially
for librarians who turn state's evidence.

(But we will still find their families...bawaaahaaahaaa!)

--Tim May