The Word Spy for 08/28/2003 -- darknet

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Sat Aug 30 10:58:20 PDT 2003

    --
On 29 Aug 2003 at 9:47, Tim May wrote:
> Not surprising that this "appropriation of the term"
> (darknet) came from our friends in Redmond.

No, no, they do not appropriate, they embrace and extend.

You know all the ads for "the butterfly"  (end user controlled
censorware)   Not only does their censorware technology have a
striking resemblance to surfmonkey's technology, but their
human actor playing the butterfly bears a striking resemblance
to the CEO of surfmonkey, who made a presentation to them
wearing a monkey suit, that somewhat resembles their butterfly
suit.

In defence of the brigands from Redmond, their extensions
genuinely are improvements for the most part.

"Darknet" is an improvement on "blacknet", since it really does
come in shades of gray.

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     4QdufdOaOhUa+mGrceEOvnk1dbk9Z8V95fQLpJS4
     4NUI3IV11A9C5CArRurHqpSq9Byspr52o2aXNMPzW