Responding to orders which include a secrecy requirement

Tim nightwatch01 at comcast.net
Sat Aug 30 01:02:14 PDT 2003

J.A. Terranson wrote:

>On Fri, 29 Aug 2003, Tim May wrote:
>

>>But when Big Brother commands that his Carnivore boxes be added, ISPs
>>are afraid to shoot his agents who trespass.
>>

>Just for the record, as someone who is in a position to have first-hand
>personal knowledge of this...
>
>When the various plastic-id carrying critters came around asking to let ISPs
>install Carnivores just after 9/11, they were almost all turned away.  The
>notable exceptions were from companies that are (not surprisingly) based
>outside of the US.
>
>I was *stunned* at how many ISPs told them to fuck off (including, I am happy
>to say, the one I work at)..

  So in other words, Tim May doesn't know what the hell he's talking
about (again)!

>>I think my solution may be best: take a few ISPs who have bent over for
>>Big Brother and kill their owners and staff. A few ISP owners found
>>necklaced and smoking may send a message to others. It works for the
>>Mob in a way none of the more civilized approaches can possibly work.
>>
>>"You narc us out, we douse your children with gasoline and light them
>>off. Your choice."
>>
>>Sometimes freedom demands harshness.

   Tim May is the perfect example why vigilante justice is generally
considered to be a bad thing -- stupid assholes like Tim May spout off &
take action based on paranoia instead of facts & principles of anarchy
instead of justice and innocent parties get hurt.