spam blacklists and lne CDR

Roy M. Silvernail roy at rant-central.com
Wed Aug 27 15:39:28 PDT 2003

On Wednesday 27 August 2003 11:52, Eric Murray wrote:
> Hi.  The last couple days I've gotten a lot of mail bounces from cpunks
> subscribers who are blocking lne.com because it's on the osirusoft spam
> "blacklist".  There is no way to get off this list; in fact the site
> appears to be down.

Down, indeed.  In fact, it's gone.

http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=03/08/27/0214238&mode=nested&tid=111&tid=126

This caused me to have to polish my SpamAssassin rules a bit to remove the
Osirusoft contribution to scoring.  Gotta love email.  Monday, I had to add
an alternate port to my hosted mailserver to get around the new Fuse.net
policy of blocking outbound port 25.  I just hope they don't start blocking
inbound 22.  That would be bad.