Hangar 18 Weekly Social

Jim Choate ravage at einstein.ssz.com
Mon Aug 25 15:52:42 PDT 2003

Asymmetric Clustering...

          Distributed Name Space...

                    Global Sign-on...

                              Guerrilla Networking...

                                        Open Source Technology...

Do these words make your heart beat faster and your breath go shallow?
If so then perhaps you should become involved with Hangar 18. We are
a tit-for-tat group of computer hobbyist of a wide range of skills
intent on building the next computing infra-structure using Open Source
technology. We don't focus on any one form of technology but instead
focus on real world applications in grid or large scale distributed
computing.

Time:                Aug. 28, 2003
                     Every Thursday, excluding national holidays
                     8:00 - 9:00 pm (or later)
                     http://open-forge.org

Location:            The Robot Group
                     http://robotgroup.net

                     Please contact the Robot Group for directions if you
                     don't know how to get their, per their request.

                     The location varies from week to week so be sure
                     to check with an active Hangar 18 member (or
                     join the mailing list!) for more information.

Identification:      We'll be the group with the Plan 9 OS box on the
                     table...;)