"domestic terrorism", fat lazy amerikans & ducks

Jim Choate ravage at einstein.ssz.com
Mon Aug 25 15:24:11 PDT 2003

On Mon, 25 Aug 2003, Major Variola (ret.) wrote:

> As expected, animal and environmental activists are now being called
> terrorists.
>

> Foie Gras Flap Leads to Vandalism
>
> Sonoma Police Chief John Gurney, who described the attacks as a
> "sophisticated campaign of domestic terrorism," said: "They're trying to
> impose their beliefs on others through the use of force, fear and
> intimidation."

Ask him why he carries a gun.

While I don't agree with their methods in all cases it seems to me that
they're not telling people what to do, but rather telling others to stop
doing it to them.

The reality is that the domestic activist movement has only made progress
when resorting to violence and destruction. Look at the womens rights
movement, 60's civil rights movement, conservation movements in the 60's
and 70's. Anything less and the powers that be choose $$$$ over anything else.
It's the nature of the beast who goes for these sorts of positions of
'authority'.

A perfect example of why greed is -not- good and 'power' should never be
placed in one 'authority'.

 -- --
      ravage at ssz.com                            jchoate at open-forge.com
      www.ssz.com                               www.open-forge.com