US soldiers in Iraq held against their will

Harmon Seaver hseaver at cybershamanix.com
Thu Aug 21 06:16:43 PDT 2003

On Wed, Aug 20, 2003 at 02:14:29PM -0400, Paul Hart wrote:
> On Wednesday, August 20, 2003, at 09:09  AM, Harmon Seaver wrote:
> >    It seems that the military is claiming that we are in a "national
> >emergency" and they can do whatever they want, despite laws to the
> >contrary.
> >

> You are in a "national emergency."
>
> http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2001/09/20010914-5.html

   Yes, of course, we will always be in a national emergency. Very convenient,
eh? Using that logic, we didn't even need the unpatriot act enacted, they can
simply evade any and all laws/bill of rights on the basis that we are in a
"national emergency" just on the scumbag prez's say so.
   Isn't this essentially what every dictator does?

--
Harmon Seaver
CyberShamanix