Superpowers distribute 750,000 shoulder-fired missiles, cook their own gooses

BillyGOTO billy at dadadada.net
Mon Aug 18 12:34:31 PDT 2003

On Mon, Aug 18, 2003 at 03:04:53PM -0400, Trei, Peter wrote:
> Both of these these stories lack plausibility as far as I'm concerned.

> 2. WTC: If you have the ability to insert tower-busting bombs into
> the WTC towers, why the hell would you go to the trouble of doing the
> plane thing? It tooks extra months/years, with high training costs, many
> extra people, and a substantial chance of failure or detection.
> For that matter, why the hell would you wait the better part of
> an hour before blowing the charge?

Rather than a terrorist bomb, could it have been a damage control
function by the good guys?  The objective in such a case being a
controlled collapse.  I imagine it could take far longer than an hour to
place such charges.  My ignorance is probably obvious from the question,
but I've heard this idea bandied about before.  I'd imagine that if this
were the case, expert engineers studying the collapse would recognize it
instantly, so it doesn't seem too probable.  Just throwing it out there.