war Crimes

Tim May timcmay at got.net
Sun Aug 17 18:38:54 PDT 2003

On Sunday, August 17, 2003, at 03:38  PM, Harmon Seaver wrote:

> http://counterpunch.org/cloughley08162003.html
>
> "Col. David Hogg, commander of the 2nd Brigade of the 4th Infantry
> Division,
> said tougher methods are being used to gather intelligence. On
> Wednesday night,
> he said, his troops picked up the wife and daughter of an Iraqi
> lieutenant
> general. They left a note: "If you want your family released, turn
> yourself
> in." Such tactics are justified, he said."
>
>   There obviously is very, very little difference anymore between the
> US gov't
> and the Third Reich anymore. Read the whole article, it's nauseating.

Nothing surprises me about Iraq, Liberia, Kosovo, Somalia, and all of
the other countries the U.S. has conquered.

Suppression of the press, collection of guns, installation of malleable
bureaucrats, shooting of journalists filming in public areas, outlawing
of certain political parties, kidnapping of dissidents, creation of
concentration camps and gulags...

And what do the brainiacs think is going to happen when the Iraqis
have their first ostensibly free election? Will Cheney declare it null
and void?

"The Constitution is too important to use in the Turd World."

--Tim May

"We should not march into Baghdad. To occupy Iraq would
instantly shatter our coalition, turning the whole Arab
world against us and make a broken tyrant into a latter-
day Arab hero. Assigning young soldiers to a fruitless
hunt for a securely entrenched dictator and condemning
them to fight in what would be an unwinable urban guerilla
war, it could only plunge that part of the world into ever
greater instability."
--George H. W. Bush, "A World Transformed", 1998