US soldiers in Iraq held against their will

Harmon Seaver hseaver at cybershamanix.com
Sun Aug 17 12:33:08 PDT 2003

   Just heard about this local guy who reluctantly went to Iraq because
he was in the reserves, now his contract is up (as of 7/31) and they
won't let him out.
Dear friends
     As many of you know I am in Iraq with the 724th
Eng Bn.  Many of you may not know however that on July 30th 2003 my
enlistment contract ended and the I have been involuntarily extended.  I
am now a prisoner of the US army.  I find it very troubling that the USA
would force people against their free will to be in
the military, furthermore the fact that their are
hundreds perhaps thousands of able bodied volunteer
soldier in the Wisconsin Army System that have not
been activated and that could replace those soldiers
who are in Iraq involuntarily.  I request you
assistance in helping me get home.  Free Moon!!

Below is a letter I have written to our Wisconsin
congresspersons, and governor.  Also below are their
addresses and email addresses.  I ask that you read my letter to them and
email or write all of them with a similar letter addressed from your view
point.  Please do not forward my letter to them but rather write them in
you own words your objection to the practice ofinvoluntary extension as it
pertains to me.  I feel that if enough people write that it may actually
influence my Battalion Commander, who has the power to do so, to grant me
my honorable discharge and send me home.  Also please forward this email
to people who you know know me and would be willing to help.  Please help
me return home, reunite with my son, and practice my religion of
non-violence.  Thank you.

Love,
Jason Moon

Russ Fielgold    russ_feingold at feingold.senate.gov

Send snail mail to this address

Bob Schweder
C/O Senator Russ Fiengold
1640 Main Street
Green Bay, WI  54302

920) 465-7508

Bob Schweder is Fiengold Military/ Veteran Affairs Aide.

Herb Kohl  senator_kohl at kohl.senate.gov

Send snail mail to this address
Steve Piotrowski
C/o Senator Kohl
14 West Mifflin Street, Suite 207
Madison, WI 53703

Phone: (608) 264-5338
Fax: (608) 264-5473

Kohl personally asked to send all thought regarding Jason to Steve but
still email the Senator.  He responded personally to my email.

Tom Petri US Rep 6th District WI http://www.house.gov/writerep/
Use the above link to write Rep Petri

Send snail mail to this address
Rep. Tom Petri