Blackout in NYC

Major Variola (ret) mv at cdc.gov
Fri Aug 15 10:46:59 PDT 2003

At 07:49 AM 8/15/03 -0700, Sarad AV wrote:
>There wasn't much of traffic congestion on the
>manhatten roads when they showed the images on bbc.
>The manhatten road network is used in examples of
>deflection routing. Also roads every where should be
>like that :-)

Mutually perpendicular, you mean?  Or congested?

>In India during  summer-we have around 8 hours of
>power cut daily.

Think of the market for UPSes, man!

Or for a thermoelectric generator that runs on cowdung!

>For a moment think of all the iraqi's with  power
>grids taken out now enjoying the 120+ farenhiet sun. A
>few hours of luxury was gone and it was breaking news
>in bbc.

Yeah but the traditional Arab dress deals with the sun, whereas
the traditional Victorian/American attire doesn't.

The *real story* is how this is a symptom of the Empire Declining.

For Californians, its more of a "its your turn now" feeling...

IIRC New Zealand had a city w/out watts for a few days, a few years ago.

"Flex your power" Flush Davis